The local countryside was occupied by the Czech Brethren from the Hussite wars up until 1620. After the White Mountain battle, all Czech Brethren priests were banned from the parsonages in 1924. The Emperor’s Patent from 1627 ordered that all citizens of another confession than Catholics have to move out. Those who did not want to move out, faked to receive the Catholic faith, however the old faith remained in their heart, in which they also brought up secretly their children. Czech Brethren, wearing their hoods would gather to prayers at the gorges under the Kavčí hill. The Helvetic and Augsburg confession was permitted by the Tolerance patent (Emperor Joseph II). Many secret Czech Brethren enspoused the Helvetic confession since it was closest to the Czech Brethren faith.
This early Baroque church was built at about 1700. This is a one nave building with an oblong ground plan with a right angle sacristy and adjacent sacristy. In the eastern and western frontispieces there are desk gables decorated with scrolls. The nave has a flat ceiling, the presbytery is vaulted to a flat ceiling and the vaulted choir loft has two pillars and is under-arched and decorated with lunettes.
Czechoslovak Hussite Church started building third Sázava church in the gauge against the bridge on the left bank of the river under the leadership of parson Jaroslav Bendl. It was causing a sort of displeasure by the Roman-Catholic believers. The building was managed to be finished in July 1941. The church was consecrated to Abbot Prokop.
The church of the Birth of Our Lady was originally built as a fortified Gothic church at the end of the 13th century. At that time Křivsoudov fortress was owned by the Prague Castle Burgrave Oldřich of Říčany.