An early Gothic style church from the second half of the 13th century. A spire and a sacristy were added in 1732 and in 1892 the church was reconstructed according to the plans of B.Ohmann and R. Krighammer by E. Fiala.
A significant sight reminding us of the times of the Rožmberk owners of Miličín is the originally Gothic church of the Birth of Our Lady. It was built in approximately 1380 as a church with two naves and a polygon shaped presbytery and an adjacent sacristy with an oblong ground plan to the north. There is a conical tower looming over the southern part of the nave. There are supporting pillars around the building.
Rumour says that a section of text and the letters ‘MCL’ were once found on the masonry of the church and this could indicate the date when the church was established, 1150 and this could also more closely specify the foundation of Zruč.
The local countryside was occupied by the Czech Brethren from the Hussite wars up until 1620. After the White Mountain battle, all Czech Brethren priests were banned from the parsonages in 1924. The Emperor’s Patent from 1627 ordered that all citizens of another confession than Catholics have to move out. Those who did not want to move out, faked to receive the Catholic faith, however the old faith remained in their heart, in which they also brought up secretly their children. Czech Brethren, wearing their hoods would gather to prayers at the gorges under the Kavčí hill. The Helvetic and Augsburg confession was permitted by the Tolerance patent (Emperor Joseph II). Many secret Czech Brethren enspoused the Helvetic confession since it was closest to the Czech Brethren faith.