The small chapel was built in 1871 probably in connection with the railroad construction. The railroad construction probably interfered with the original site of the chapel. The original small chapel used to be only a brick niche above the spring. The small room is accessed throughout arched alcove.
The cemetery is situated about 2 km north-east from the town of Divišov, by the crossroad to Mněnchov and Šternov, today in a field over a highway, at the cadastral area of Měchnov. In 1776, upon a permission of the church and secular authorities the Divišov Jewish community asked for lease of a plot of land belonging to Michal Čejka of Olbraomovice to whom they paid 200 golden coins for the plot of land and the cemetery wall whereas the lease was set for 12 golden coins per year.
The baroque church completed in 1715 has a ground plan in the shape of a Greek cross. It was designed by the famous Italian architect Giovanni Batista Alliprandi. The church is connected to the Piarist Campus, which has a central inner yard with a sundial and water well. The original campus consisted of classrooms, a large library, a dining room and rooms to accommodate the students. The Piarists, famous for spreading science and culture, brought the secondary education to Benešov from Italy.
The monastery was founded by Prince Ulrich and the hermit Procopius in 1023. It houses an exhibition called “Old-Slavic Sázava”. The tour includes the Baroque Refectory and the Chapter-house with murals dating back to the 14th century. You can visit the Baroque church dedicated to St. Procopius and see the underground crypt. There are uncovered foundations of the
HolyCrossChurch from the 11th century in the northern monastery garden.