A significant sight reminding us of the times of the Rožmberk owners of Miličín is the originally Gothic church of the Birth of Our Lady. It was built in approximately 1380 as a church with two naves and a polygon shaped presbytery and an adjacent sacristy with an oblong ground plan to the north. There is a conical tower looming over the southern part of the nave. There are supporting pillars around the building.
Rumour says that a section of text and the letters ‘MCL’ were once found on the masonry of the church and this could indicate the date when the church was established, 1150 and this could also more closely specify the foundation of Zruč.
The baroque church completed in 1715 has a ground plan in the shape of a Greek cross. It was designed by the famous Italian architect Giovanni Batista Alliprandi. The church is connected to the Piarist Campus, which has a central inner yard with a sundial and water well. The original campus consisted of classrooms, a large library, a dining room and rooms to accommodate the students. The Piarists, famous for spreading science and culture, brought the secondary education to Benešov from Italy.
The original early-gothic temple from the 13th century is located in the place where once used to be the oldest settlement of Benešov. At the same time it is the oldest preserved building in Benešov. After the fires in 1420 and 1648 it was refurbished in the style of late gothic and later into baroque style. The statues of Matyas Bernard Braun and even the wall paintings by Ignác Viktorin Raab have been preserved there. The separate Upper Belfry Tower is situated in front of the church entrance. It includes several bells from the 15th and 16th century. The tower got its current appearance, including the clock, after the repairs in 1828.