The Gothic church of St. Philip and Jacob with a wooden roof creates a significant dominating feature which cannot be overlooked. The interior of the church is Baroque and original wall paintings on the walls have been restored. These were accidentally discovered under calcareous plaster in 1992.
The asymmetric and inhomogeneous building of the Church of St. Philip and Jacob attracts visitors with its unusually wide walls which are in some places as wide as 2.4m. Also the ground plan of the building is unusual. The presbytery is rather small and almost square, its ceiling is cross vaulted without ribs. The oblong nave is slightly wider but relatively short with it length axis running from north to south and therefore situated towards the presbytery with its longer side.
The church has been recorded since the 14th century. The originally Gothic style building was burnt down in 1645 and a new nave was added in 1666. The church was damaged by fire again in 1813 and repaired in 1899.
This is the most significant piece of cultural heritage in Vranov; particularly the sacristy of the church. It is very likely that the sacristy was one of the oldest pre-Roman churches, Rotundas, established in connection with the mission effort of Sv. Vojtěch – Slavníkovec.
An early Gothic style church from the second half of the 13th century. A spire and a sacristy were added in 1732 and in 1892 the church was reconstructed according to the plans of B.Ohmann and R. Krighammer by E. Fiala.