The church of Sv. Martin is of Roman origin and dates back approximately to the 13th century. Not long prior to this the Castle of Český Šternberk was established not far from here, to the estate of which the settlement belonged.
The church of Sv. Matouš originates from the 13th century. It is a one nave building with a square presbytery which is finished with three sides of an octagon. A sacristy, originally a chapel, is in the north.
The Roman part of the church of Sv. Petr a Pavel comes from approx.1120 and the first written record concerning the church can be found in the Chronicles of the Želiv Monastery on 19th February 1184 with the coffin containing the body of Gotšalk the Abbot of Želiv Monastery being mentioned.
The Neo-Gothic church of Sv. Petr a Pavel from 1854 – 9 is standing on the site of the former church of the same name consecrated at the beginning of the 14th century. The new church underwent refurbishment in 1989 – 91. At that time, the church also acquired two new bells weighing 620 and 380 kilograms, which replaced the bells confiscated during WWII. The organ in the church has also been reconstructed and therefore the church can host cultural events.
This is one of the most remarkable Roman buildings in the Czech Republic. Previously it was believed that it was built in the 11th century however at present experts are rather sceptical about the date. It was built either shortly before 1100 or after this date, however it is more likely that it comes from the middle of the 12th century.