A significant national heritage site has been preserved in a secluded place in a forest above a village – this is the church of Sv. Havel with an early Gothic presbytery from the first half of the 14th century. Local Squires were related to the neighbouring Yeomen of Buchov, the most famous of them being Zbyněk Buchovec. From the middle of the 18th century Oldřichovec belonged to Smilkov. In 1897 the collapsed vault in the polygon shaped presbytery was renewed and tracery to the original windows added. The presbytery has a ray effect vault with prism shaped ribs meeting in an originally circular key stone. Five Baroque statues have been preserved form the original interior.
The church dominates the village of Chotýšany. Its beginnings are recorded in the vicarage chronicle and date back to1315. The shrine is built in an originally Roman style, but the style of the building is affected by the transition of the style and therefore with prevailing Gothic style features.
The church that was built in 1350 and reconstructed in Baroque style in the 18th century is a one nave building with a triangular presbytery in which the main altar with Rococo statues of angels and the Holy Father and the painting of St. Jacob is located.
The history of the construction work on this church reflects an older part of local history. Originally, this was a Gothic building from the 14th century with presbytery, an adjacent tower and a larger nave than typical for this period.