In the place of the current Kácov castle, there used to stand another older fortress which was established probably in the middle of the 15th century after the old fortress located to the south west of Kácov on the left bank of the Sázava River near Soušice was abandoned.
The castle was built in approximately 1300 in a narrow valley on a promontory at the confluence of the Tisemský potok and Janovický potok rivers. Ctibor of Kožlí was recorded as the first owner in 1318. His successor was Kunrát of Kožlí from 1362 who lived there with his brothers Mareš and Heřman of Chvojno.
The construction of Říčany Castle was probably initiated by Ondřej of Všechromy, the founder of the noble family of Říčany. This aristocrat was a devoted adherer to King Přemysl Otakar II. At first he was appointed the King’s personal valet with the function of serving food and from 1260 he acted as the senior valet. Such a political position also needed a corresponding representative seat which initiated the construction work on the castle (1260 – 1270), probably built on foundations of an older wooden fortress. Říčany is first mentioned in written records in 1289. Later a village of the same name was established in the area under the castle.
Dubá Castle, the ruins of which still loom on a wooded rocky promontory over the left bank of the Sázava River opposite the village of Poddubí, was established in the 13th century by one of the members of the Benešovic noble family.
Not far from Prčice, in the cadastre of the village of Přestavlky there is an interesting Baroque sight – Nové Mitrovice chateau. It was built in 1836 as a new seat for the owners of the Mitrovice Estate at the time when neither the old fortress nor the manor at the landed estate were large enough.