This early Baroque church was built at about 1700. This is a one nave building with an oblong ground plan with a right angle sacristy and adjacent sacristy. In the eastern and western frontispieces there are desk gables decorated with scrolls. The nave has a flat ceiling, the presbytery is vaulted to a flat ceiling and the vaulted choir loft has two pillars and is under-arched and decorated with lunettes.
The church of the Birth of Our Lady was originally built as a fortified Gothic church at the end of the 13th century. At that time Křivsoudov fortress was owned by the Prague Castle Burgrave Oldřich of Říčany.
The church is the oldest building in the town and was built in place of a small wooden church consecrated to Sv. Mikuláš in the first half of the 13th century. From the 13th century, the church was complemented by a vicarage and Oldřich of Sulzbach was the first priest there.
As the town of Uhlířské Janovice was growing, it needed more than just one church, the above mentioned church of Sv. Jiljí. Therefore a foundation stone of a new church located in the town square was laid by the patron of the church Marie Teresie, the Countess of Savoy, born of Liechtenstein, in 1767.
In approximately the first half of the fourteenth century, a church consisting of a right angled presbytery and an oblong nave was built. A prismatic tower was added to the western front wall probably later, the right angled sacristy in the axis of the presbytery is even later.