CHURCH OF THE RISE OF THE HOLLY CROSS
Add a photographRelated photographs (0)
There is no photo relating to this historical monument. We will be glad if you add one here.
Rumour says that a section of text and the letters ‘MCL’ were once found on the masonry of the church and this could indicate the date when the church was established, 1150 and this could also more closely specify the foundation of Zruč. The first written record of the church comes from as late as 1334 when it is denoted as a parish church. Tomb stones of the Zruč nobility have been preserved in the church. Underneath the church there used to be a crypt for the patron families. The original fencing walls around the castle have been preserved. In 1781 the church was destroyed in a big fire after which it was rebuilt but never to its previous glory. There used to be a cemetery adjacent to the church until 1826. After the fire of the church and the consequent refurbishment, the cemetery was closed down and the bones that had been dug out were stored in an ossuary standing to the east of the church.
Events in the neighborhood
21. March 2023 19:30
Bastardi 4. - Benešov, - Film showing
22. March 2023 16:00
Pohádka o Budulínkovi - Benešov, Aula Gymnázia Benešov - Performance
22. March 2023 19:30
Zatmění - Benešov, - Film showing
© 2004–2023 Provozuje Posázaví o.p.s.
, která vykonává aktivity destinačního managementu v turistické oblasti Posázaví.
Využíváme publikační systém Apollo. Projekt modernizace systému Apollo byl realizován v roce 2019 za přispění prostředků státního rozpočtu České republiky z programu Ministerstva pro místní rozvoj. Projekt Modernizace systému webového serveru byl realizován v roce 2020 za přispění prostředků Středočeského kraje.