The Museum occupies a historic building called “Coin” located at the lower part of the square in Jílové. Until 1420 the Gothic house was a seat of the mining authority where the royal master of the mine collected taxes from miners – in gold, as well as bought gold for the king.
The tourists may find the telecommunication tower offering a view to the countryside since 2006 on the Pepř (Pepper) hill about 1 km from a small town of Jílové u Prahy. It is a Vodafone and T-Mobile construction with a view platform.
The church is the oldest building in the town and was built in place of a small wooden church consecrated to Sv. Mikuláš in the first half of the 13th century. From the 13th century, the church was complemented by a vicarage and Oldřich of Sulzbach was the first priest there.