The village of Kondrac is located in the protected landscape in vicinity of the mysterious Blaník Mountain. The St. Bartholomew Church (kostel Sv. Bartoloměje) dating from 1200 is the dominant of the triangle village square. The originally Romanesque building was gradually adapted, with the cylindrical towers with two double windows forming a unique and precious element.
Tracking the Blaník knights on bike and on foot
The project has enabled establishment of the quality background for the development of tourism in the village and its integration to the whole tourist area called “the region of Blaník knights”. The building of former municipal office was adapted to the tourist guesthouse, including the non-barrier room with private kitchenette and bathroom for handicapped visitors.
On the first floor of the building, there are four four-bed rooms with private bathroom, a common kitchen and a common room with television. There is also a computer with internet link and the bikes rental with eight fully equipped tracking bicycles of different sizes. The project also initiated building of a cycling route called “Tracking the Blaník knights” and an instructive tourist trail, both furnished with information materials. The visitors may also visit the new minigolf course. The village offers a downhill skiing facility and several cross-country skiing tracks for winter period.
Ubytovna TJ Sokol Kondrac (Dormitory of TJ Sokol Kondrac)
Bigger groups can take advantage of the services offered by the dormitory of Sokol Kondrac with the capacity of 35 beds in four rooms with common bathrooms. The dormitory is situated on the football stadium. The guests can also spend their time at the universal court for tennis, volleyball or football-tennis, as well as newly built children’s playground.
Restaurant “U Matoušků”
The restaurant offers selection of meals of the original Czech home cuisine. The guest will enjoy cozy ambience and willing personnel of this renowned restaurant.
Farní muzeum Kondrac je jediným muzeem svého druhu v České republice. Nabízí autentický interiér fary z přelomu 19. a 20. století.
Nedaleko Kondrace pod horou Velký Blaník stojí Dům přírody Blaníku. Představuje návštěvníkům přírodu CHKO Blaník a národního geoparku Kraj blanických rytířů i slavnou blanickou legendu o spícím vojsku.
In 1988, Vlašim Chateau, originally a mediaeval castle first recorded in written sources in 1318, became the main seat of the district museum.