The Art Nouveau house no. 74 was built by the District Commercial Savings Bank from Benešov u Prahy in 1904 – 1905 according to a project of Marcel Dusil. It houses an exhibition, opened to the general public in 1992, devoted to the history of the town and its surrounding areas, regional landmarks and objects of art as well as artists who lived and worked here. The ethnographic exhibition is of special interest as it presents mainly the folk clothing and textiles, furniture, glass underpaintings, and objects of folk plastic art.
The museum in Pysely was founded in 1937. The main person behind it was Arnost Chvojka. The collection was greatly varied and grew to as much as a thousand exhibits. The museum was closed in the 1950s and the collection was distributed among other museums in the region. Efforts to re-establish the museum began in the early 1990s. The current permanent display was installed on the second floor of a house owned by the municipality and opened to the public for the first time on 3 November 1996.
The upper Gothic style castle from the 14th century was reconstructed into a Renaissance chateau in the 16th century. František Maxmilián of Talmberk built a chateau in 1675 with the participation of the architect O. de Guarde.
The Museum occupies a historic building called “Coin” located at the lower part of the square in Jílové. Until 1420 the Gothic house was a seat of the mining authority where the royal master of the mine collected taxes from miners – in gold, as well as bought gold for the king.